Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my young child with me?
- Guidelines for Underage Minors Massage
- Can I bring my newborn with me for my massage?
- What should I wear to my massage? Do I need to be naked?
- What is usually included in a full body massage?
- Can you see how much I have left on my benefits?
- What happens if the benefit website is down or there is an ‘pending’ or ‘error’ message?
- I have secondary insurance as well, why can’t you bill to both companies?
- How do I submit my own receipt to my insurance company?
- Embarrassing massage questions
Can I bring my young child with me?
No, this time is designed for you, meaning that you are here to unwind and de-stress. Being a parent is challenging enough! Please find a time for you and arrange for someone to watch your children at home so that you can get the most out of your massage and relax.
(Small babies and toddlers are too loud for our therapeutic setting)
Guidelines for Underage Minors Massage
• We require a signed consent form from the minor’s parent along with a completed health history form and direct billing information . The consent form protects the therapist and the establishment. Your therapist will clearly outline what the parent and minor can expect during the session. Kids who’ve never had a massage before might not realize how intense the pressure can potentially be, or how little they’ll be wearing.
• The age range for minor massage at Blissful Balance Massage Inc can range from 6-17. Some kids can handle only 30 min and some are good for 60-90 min depending on their age and personality. You know your child best and can be the judge of what they can handle at the beginning of establishing your child’s treatment plan. As we progress and your child ages we vert well could move into longer sessions.
• We require parents to stay on the premises during the session, and we prefer for the younger kids (6-12)that the parent stay in the treatment room during the massage.
• Partial clothing will be required. We require minors to wear bathing suit bottoms or underwear.
Can I bring my newborn with me for my massage?
“I am an existing client who had been getting prenatal massages during my pregnancy and now I’ve had the baby.”
Preferably it would be better if you could come in alone to get the most from the treatment, but we know the benefits of early postpartum massage for the new mother is super beneficial.
For hormone regulation, relaxation and stress reduction, along with all of the physical pain associated with pregnancy and child birth, massage can really help you get back to normal.
During the first month of your baby’s life, yes you can bring your newborn with you.
After the first month we ask that you have your child cared for at home during your massage.
What should I wear to my massage? Do I need to be naked?
You can if you want to, or not… it is all about what you are comfortable with.
Most clients either wear their underwear or nothing at all. It is quite normal to be completely undressed. There are muscles that attach your legs, back and glutes (butt muscles) that all attach to your pelvic/hip bones and are very beneficial to have worked on for a number of reasons, but if you prefer to keep your underwear on that is fine too.
We can still get to the areas with compression over the sheet as well. You are completely covered by the sheet and blanket other than the limb or area that is being worked on at that moment.
What is usually included in a full body massage?
When we have 90-120 minutes for a full body massage we will work on your : back, legs, feet, glutes (sacrum/tail bone and hip attachments), pecs (collarbone, shoulder and arm attachments) arms, hands, neck and scalp.
Established professional clinics such as ourselves here at Blissful Balance Massage will never… I repeat NEVER EVER touch your private parts (bathing suit areas)!
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and set very clear policies regarding your personal and physical safety as well as that of our therapists.
Can you see how much I have left on my benefits?
No, we can only submit for the treatment amount at the time of the service. We are only told how much (if any) is covered. It is the responsibility of the client to know their limit and should be prepared to pay for the visit if needed.
Why is only a portion of the massage amount covered by my insurance?
Each plan is different. The details of your coverage are determined by the group policy holder (your employer) or is based on the package that you agreed upon with the benefit company.
Some plans cover the full amount per visit up to a specified dollar amount for the year and others only cover a % or $ amount and a co-pay payment is required by the client at the time of service.
What happens if the benefit website is down or there is an ‘pending’ or ‘error’ message?
On occasion there can be technical difficulties or errors in the process. In most cases it is on the benefit portal side and has nothing to do with your coverage, but if this does occur; we would need to receive payment from the client and will issue you a receipt for reimbursement to submit to your insurance directly.
I have secondary insurance as well, why can’t you bill to both companies?
Sometimes we can and sometimes we can’t. There are certain companies that allow us to bill the secondary insurance and some don’t. It depends on what company is your primary and which is your secondary and how those websites are set up.
Even if WE can’t bill the second company, YOU can definitely still be reimbursed when you submit your receipt though! Its a frustrating process, but it happens because the automated system doesn’t know that the primary was billed already, so it tells us to bill the primary first, even though we just did that.
How do I submit my own receipt to my insurance company?
Each company is a bit different, but mostly all of them have website and/or an app that you can get for your phone/tablet. Check with your benefit company today on how to set that up.
In most cases, it’s really easy to do. Download the app, create your login, fill out the banking information section and then enter the details of your treatment and click submit, then in usually 24-72 hours later the $ is deposited into your bank.